Zoom TAC-2 Thunderbolt Audio Interface Features
- 2-in/2-out high-speed Thunderbolt audio interface
- Support for recording and playback up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Ultra-low latency audio streaming
- Two combo balanced XLR/TRS input connectors
- +48V phantom power for each input
- Hi-Z input jack allows direct connection of electric guitar or bass
- Two balanced TRS output jacks for connection to amplifiers or self-powered speakers
- Dedicated headphone jack with independent level control
- 7-position LED metering for input, output and headphone volume
- High-performance Burr Brown mic preamps with up to +60 dB of amplification
- 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- Simple user interface -- all operations controlled by a single rotary knob
- Bus powered -- no AC power required
- Rugged yet compact and lightweight
- Works with all Thunderbolt-equipped Macintosh computers running OS X 10.6.8 or later
In addition, Thunderbolt carries 10 watts/18 volts of power (as compared to the 2.5 watts/5 volts carried by USB 2.0) -- enough to provide stable phantom power. This also allows the use of high-end components such as the Burr Brown PCM4202 analog-to-digital converter and AKM AK4396 digital-to-analog converter in the TAC-2.
The TAC-2 performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. In other words, when the sampling frequency is set to 44.1kHz or 48kHz, the TAC-2 processes the signal at high resolution 176.4kHz or 192kHz. For A/D conversion, this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity.
The Ins and Outs The Thunderbolt port on the rear panel carries digital signal to and from your computer as well as carrying power to the TAC-2. Two combo XLR/TRS inputs are provided for the connection of mic- and line-level signals, and there's a handy Hi-Z (high impedance) unbalanced input on the front panel for direct connection of passive electric guitars and basses using a standard 1/4" guitar cable. The TAC-2 also offers two balanced TRS output jacks which allow you to connect the TAC-2 to your monitors, as well as a dedicated 1/4" stereo headphone jack.
The TAC-2's single rotary control knob is used to set input, output and headphone levels and to provide +48 volts of phantom power to the selected input, allowing you to use the TAC-2 with any kind of microphone, from low-cost dynamics to expensive studio-quality condensers. Seven-position LEDs show continuous signal strength as well as input/output overload clipping.
Zoom TAC-2 MixEfx TAC-2 MixEfx is a free Macintosh application designed specially for the TAC-2. With TAC-2 MixEfx, you can set mix parameters and add high-quality effects such as reverb and echo. Other features include a low cut filter, phase reverse, AUTO GAIN control for each input. There's also a LOOPBACK function that allows you to blend the input signal and playback signal for zero latency. TAC-2 MixEfx has three memory slots for saving user settings with quick recall.
Customs Contact Information
- Jl. Ahmad Yani By Pass
- Jakarta - 13230
- Telephone : 134
- Fax : 021-3500842
Returns & Warranty Repair
- Buy products with confidence.
- Free shipping throughout Indonesia - Jakarta , Surabaya , Bandung , Medan , Bekasi and Semerang.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).