Brian Wampler, who's always looking for the best tones to capture, decided the chase was on. Taking the base tones from a very famous pedal and the characteristics of a famous stacked, EL34 driven, amp - decided it was about time those tones were brought together in pedal format.
If you are a fan of the tones of the players like David Gilmour or Eric Johnson, then the Velvet Fuzz is the pedal you are looking for.
The key to the tone of the Velvet is the voicing switch. In the "big" position, the pedal reacts like a classic fuzz. Loads of internal compression and truly massive tones it really is that "tone" from that "era". Dropping the volume back cleans it up perfectly so your rhythm can remain clear enough and then your solo's will flatten all those who dare to stand before you.
In the "tight" position, the tone comes in and you get the feeling you have swapped amps as well, those mammoth tones but without the compression and other traits that many fuzz players love... Yes, that's right. If you love the tone of Fuzz but not the reaction of it, choose this setting.
Wampler Velvet Fuzz Pedal Features
- Hand made in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Power draw: 23mA
- Completely original design
- Switchable between two completely independent clipping circuits, pure fuzz or a fuzz like distortion
- Transistors are hand selected for superior tone and response
Customs Contact Information
- Jl. Ahmad Yani By Pass
- Jakarta - 13230
- Telephone : 134
- Fax : 021-3500842
Secure PayPal Payment
Returns & Warranty Repair
- Buy products with confidence.
- Free shipping throughout Indonesia - Jakarta , Surabaya , Bandung , Medan , Bekasi and Semerang.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).