Everything was great until his tech, Chad, mentioned to Brian Wampler that Brad still was not quite settled on the overdrive sound he was getting from his live rig... could Wampler maybe look at making a pedal...???
Brads requirements were quite "simple"... it needs to be clean but get crunchy with some "beef" to it. It needs to have a fluid tone when soloing. It needs to add a little hair to the tone but then has to be able to give flat out ball busting gain, oh...but please do not wreck the tonality. It needs to have everything, in a pedal format, but do not make it sound like a pedal...!
Over a period of months, Brian Wampler made some prototypes and sent them off, there were a couple of "tweaks" here and there to be made and then finally, when "proto #2" landed it went straight into the live rack and out on the H20 world tour.
That prototype has now been made into the Paisley Drive and goes with Brad wherever he goes. When you see Brad live, or performing live on the TV, and you are blown away by his overdriven tone, it's the Paisley Drive.
The truly great thing about this pedal is that it's not only Telecaster style guitars that it works so well with, it brings the best out of your Strat or anything you may have loaded with humbuckers. You no longer need to have individual pedals for your guitars; the Paisley Drive will make each one sing.
The inbuilt tonal controls, the presence and mid contour switches, will make this pedal the single most versatile and complete overdrive pedal you have ever owned. In fact, we believe it might be the last one you ever buy...
Wampler Paisley Drive Overdrive Pedal Features
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Exactly like Brad's pedal
- 3 knobs - Volume, Gain, Tone
- 2 switches - controlling presence (brightness) and mid-range frequency contour
- Can be very transparent or have a warm midrange bump with no loss of bottom end
- 2.5 x 4.5 in. in size
- Cleans up very well
- Very dynamic
- Ultra-bright LED for ease of use
- Custom Silk-screened graphics
Customs Contact Information
- Jl. Ahmad Yani By Pass
- Jakarta - 13230
- Telephone : 134
- Fax : 021-3500842
Secure PayPal Payment
Returns & Warranty Repair
- Buy products with confidence.
- Free shipping throughout Indonesia - Jakarta , Surabaya , Bandung , Medan , Bekasi and Semerang.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).