The DP-1 is a dual channel preamp based on a unique hybrid design including both vintage and modern circuits. Germanium and silicon transistors, along with integrated circuits, make the sound character expand over several decades. The midrange crunch of the germanium sound of the mid 60's, the low mid punch and thick sound associated with British class-A from the early 70's and the modern tone from the 80's and 90's; all in the same box.
The input-stage is built around a high quality Swedish Lundahl transformer and an IC that operates in class-A. The preamp section is followed by a germanium unity-gain stage for coloration. Finally the DP-1 has two different output stages, an electronically balanced output stage or a discrete transformer-balanced class-A stage, built around a heavy Carnhill output transformer. The vintage class-A mode produces a fat and punchy sound with mid range character and a warm top-end; the germanium mode adds even more harmonics to the sound. The IC-based output stage is less colored and perfect for clean amplification. With up to 80 dB gain the DP-1 can handle quiet sound sources like ribbon microphones. High impedance inputs are positioned on the front for easy access when connecting guitar, bass or synthesizers. It's also possible to crank up the input gain really loud and run a hot signal through the preamp to make it distort, and then use the output volume control to lower the output gain. DP-1 offers a unique set of flavors at a very sensible price.
TK Audio DP1 mk3 Features
- Hi-Z input, instrument input with more than 1Mohm input impedance.
- Impedance switch, 1600ohm / 400ohm.
- 48v phantom power.
- Stepped gainswitch in 5dB steps, inputrange +5dB to -50dB. -30 to -80dB with +30dB boost.
- +30dB gainboost switch.
- Germanium drive, inserts a germanium unity-gainstage after the inputstage.
- Output level control.
- Phase-reverse switch. V
- intage transformer balanced class-A or a electronic balanced outputstage.
- Max output: +26dB @ 600ohms load.
- All switches are illuminated.
- Internal, regulated powersupply with a toroidal transformer. 230v.
- Main voltage is selectable between 115v / 230v.
Free Shipping Within Asia
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Asian Countries|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Buy gear online in Asia , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all FEDEX serviced locations. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Asia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free shipping to all Asian countries including Macau , Brunei , Burma , Vietnam , Thailand , Philippines , India , Kuwait , Pakistan , Saudi Arabia , Bahrain , Taiwan , Oman , Japan , South Korea , Malaysia and Turkey.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).