This new version of the Culture Vulture Mastering was introduced in 2011, designed to give the user not only an accurate “mastering” version of the Culture Vulture but more effect options. The unit is accurately aligned for stereo or single channel operation. All valves are “military” specification, NOS, made in France and USA and have low noise plus extended life. With mastering in mind, this version of the Culture Vulture retains all of the qualities of the earlier design, and has closely matched controls and valves. A test report is supplied with each one, which gives the optimum current (usually 0.25 mA) which the Bias controls should be set to for minimum distortion. The text below refers to one channel (the other the same). The “Function” control now has 4 settings:
- T triode type 2nd harmonic distortion
- P1 pentode type, 3rd harmonics
- P2 new setting, as P1 up to a peak, then over-compresses with distortion effects
- P3 the original P2 setting (“no holds barred”)
The Drive control consists of an indented pot for fine control and a switch which increases the input gain in 2x 10 dB steps to “Overdrive”. The Output Level control also has an indented pot for fine control and a -10 dB switchable attenuator.
Sowter transformers are used to balance line input and output, but DI input and low level output are both unbalanced. The DI input is high impedance, high gain for instrument use.
The bypass switch ignores the DI input and connects any signal coming to the line input jack to the line output jack, bypassing the electronics for comparison purposes.
Thermionic Culture Vulture Mast Features
- Low noise + long life valves.
- Accurate side to side matching.
- Frequency response extended.
- Indented controls for easier recall.
- Function switch has extra distortion type position.
- Overdrive switch has extra mid-way position.
- Output attenuator switch for better control of strong signals.
- Balanced line inputs and outputs on stereo jacks.
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Duty rates in Indonesia vary with the average duty rate at 10.89%. Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into Indonesia whether by a private individual or a commercial entity. Import duty payable is calculated on the cost of the imported goods combined with freight charges. More information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Indonesian Customs website. (beacukai.co.id)
Customs Contact Information
- Jl. Ahmad Yani By Pass
- Jakarta - 13230
- Telephone : 134
- Fax : 021-3500842
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Free shipping throughout Indonesia - Jakarta , Surabaya , Bandung , Medan , Bekasi and Semerang.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy Indonesia for detailed information about the warranty we offer to all Indonesian customers.