The TC Electronics Staccato'51 bass amplifier head packs 450 watts of speaker-thumping power into an amazingly small package - and this model adds the tonal touch of legendary Tower of Power bassman Rocco Prestia! TC Electronic teamed up with Rocco to make the Staccato'51 sound perfect with his particular style; they came up with a bass head that fits his playing perfectly, and, thanks to its flexible controls and astounding feature set, it will fit your style, too! You get a great combination of full-bodied tone, fast response, and the kind of flexibility that makes this head work great both onstage and in the studio. Designed to suit a funk-bass legend, the Staccato'51 works great for any style!TC Electronic Staccato'51 450-watt Bass Amplifier Head at a Glance
- Fit for a bass legend, perfect for your own style
- Powerful and portable
- Rehearsal inputs and integrated tuner
- User memories and direct outputs
- Straightforward but incredibly versatile tone controls
- TubeTone and Spectra Comp
For over four decades now, legendary bassist Rocco Prestia has been underpinning the groove for Californian funk legends Tower of Power. In that time Rocco has defined his own style and become synonymous with the much-imitated 'finger style funk' that he pioneered back in the '60s and '70s.
Now, TC Electronic and Rocco join forces to make Staccato'51, a custom-tuned version of the RH450 that's been made to Rocco's exact specification and ear. It may look like the RH450 bass head, but the sound design is completely different and meets the demands of a legend like Rocco, both onstage and in the studio.Rocco's sound design on Staccato'51 fits his legendary finger-muting technique like a glove. The full-bodied tone with plenty of highs and lows as well as the ultra fast precision response enhances the percussive elements of Rocco's playing to perfection.In addition to the sheer tone shaping, Rocco has added a touch of TC's SpectraComp per-string compression to tighten the sound even more. And finally a touch of TubeTone brings out the growl of Staccato'51 when really digging into those low-end notes with his powerful right hand technique.Rocco's Staccato'51 gives him both punch and enough low end to stand out on stage with the 10-piece Tower of Power band.Powerful and portable
The 450-watt high power output level of Staccato'51 is accomplished via Class D amplifier technology in combination with TC Electronic's Active Power Management (APM). APM effectively means that the amp behaves very much like a tube amp when getting close to maximum performance by optimizing the power impact, contrary to the hard-clipping tendencies of transistor amps and most other Class D amps. And this Staccato'51 head is incredibly portable, to boot!Rehearsal inputs and integrated tuner
Playing any instrument on its own can be a little dull, but everyone needs time to practice, which is why TC Electronic built rehearsal inputs into the Staccato'51. This rear panel-mounted feature allows you to plug in your iPod, phone, computer or MP3 player via the supplied mini-jack to RCA cable adapter for easy practicing and playing along with recorded music.
The Staccato'51's onboard tuner is amazingly convenient! Simply push the Mute button to get a full-resolution tuner 'light ring' to help you tune your instrument quickly and accurately. You can also use the RebelControl for easy remote access to this functionality.User memories and direct outputs
You might not use presets, but only because you've never had the chance! Anyone who's used different basses on stage knows that a few user memories on your amp would be welcome. With the Staccato '51 you can easily switch between, for example, your 4- and 5-string basses, or your Rickenbacker and Fender Jazz. Just plug in the bass and use the 'car radio'-style Store & Recall controls to easily switch between presets for your chosen model. There are three bass user memories, remote control access and visual indicators for Mute and the Tuner. A transformer-balanced line out gives you stellar live-sound DI and direct-recording performance - even with long cable runs! Speaking of direct recording: a built-in AES/EBU connector lets you plug the Staccato'51 straight into your DAW.Straightforward but incredibly versatile tone controls
The Staccato'51 features straightforward controls, much like those you'd find on traditional amps. Voiced to Rocco Prestia's personal style, these tone controls are flexible enough to give you plenty of tweaking options, so you can nail your own perfect tone with the Staccato'51. Chances are that this is all you're ever going to need. However, if you're not fully satisfied with the default frequency areas, fear not - TC Electronic has given you the option to change the focus of each of the tone controls. This functionality allows you to pinpoint a frequency you either want to remove or boost for each tone control and then store the settings.TubeTone and Spectra Comp
Most transistor designs have tried to replicate the tube sound using one small pre-amp tube, but they generally fail as they don't take into account the crucial characteristics of the full pre-amp and power amp sections - both of which are essential to the sound. the Staccato'51's TubeTone emulates all characteristics to deliver the full tube sound. Likewise, integrated compressors generally don't sound that good. A regular compressor tends to be dominated by the lower string, but the Staccato'51's SpectraComp technology allows virtually 'per string' multiband compression that evens out the compression across all strings. If you play bass, then TC Electronic's got you covered!TC Electronic Staccato'51 450-watt Bass Amplifier Head Features
- Input connector: 1/4" jack
- Input impedance: 1 Mohm/100 pF
- Gain range: -96 to 32dB
- Tone controls: Bass - Center Freq: 280Hz (range: 71-1120Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB); Low Mid - Center Freq: 400Hz (range: 100-1600Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB); High Mid - Center Freq: 800Hz (range: 200-3150Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB); Treble - Center Freq: 1600Hz (range: 400-6300Hz, Gain: +12/-24dB)
- Tube emulation circuitry
- 3-band spectral compression
- User Memories: Three memory locations storing all front panel controls except Mute and Master Level
- Tuner: Chromatic, constant on A0 (27.50Hz) to E5 (659.26Hz)
- Mute: Mutes speaker out, Phones out and Balanced out
- Master Level Headphone output
- Studio-quality headphone amp
- Impedance: 40 to 600 ohm
- Mains supply: Universal 100 - 240V 50/60Hz (80w at 1/8 power)
- Speaker out: Combined Speakon/1/4" jack
- Power rating: 450W (800W Peak)
- Balanced output: Transformer-balanced XLR, pre/post pre-amp
- Optimal Load Impedance: 600 ohm
- Preamp out: 1/4" jack, balanced output, max output level = +8dBu
- Power amp in: 1/4" jack, balanced input, impedance = 10 kOhm, Max Input Level = +8dBu
- Rehearsal input: RCA, left/right input, works with iPod and other music players
- Digital Recording out: Balanced XLR, AES/EBU, (24-bit)
- Remote connection: 5 pin DIN, cable with shield
- Dimensions: 10.8" x 11.4" x 2.6"
- Weight: 8.8 pounds
- Finish: Sandblasted die-cast aluminum
The TC Electronic Staccato'51 packs an astounding amount of power and features into a very compact bass head that's fit for a funk legend!
Customs Contact Information
- Jl. Ahmad Yani By Pass
- Jakarta - 13230
- Telephone : 134
- Fax : 021-3500842
Secure PayPal Payment
Returns & Warranty Repair
- Buy products with confidence.
- Free shipping throughout Indonesia - Jakarta , Surabaya , Bandung , Medan , Bekasi and Semerang.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).