Two Matched Ribbon Mics in One Body!
The Royer SF-12 stereo coincident ribbon microphone combines high quality audio performance with outstanding stereo separation and imaging. It is a modern ribbon design with no audible diffraction effects or cavity resonance.
Royer SF-12 stereo ribbon microphone
- Two matched ribbon mics in one body
- Superb transient response from low-mass ribbons
- Stereo recording at its finest for any application
Two matched ribbon mics in one body
The Royer SF-12 is actually two matched ribbon microphones placed one above the other and fixed at a 90-degree angle. This arrangement allows for Blumlein and M-S recording with one microphone, as well as excellent monaural compatibility when summing the two ribbon elements to mono. The SF-12's frequency response is excellent regardless of the angle of sound striking the ribbons and off-axis coloration is negligible. The Royer SF-12's extension cable comes with an adapter which splits into separate left and right XLR connectors, labeled "upper" and "lower."
Superb transient response from low-mass ribbons
The Royer SF-12's two 1.8-micron ribbons are of pure (99.99%) aluminum and provide superb transient response due to their low mass. Each of the Royer SF-12's two ribbon transducers incorporate "cross-field" motor assemblies (patent pending) which are comprised of four powerful Neodymium magnets and Permendur iron pole-pieces. This crossfield design delivers excellent high frequency response due to the extremely short path between the front and rear (sides) of the ribbon elements. The microphone's case is ingot iron and forms part of the magnetic return circuit, an effective system with low leakage flux which accounts for the relatively high sensitivity in a trim package.
Stereo recording at its finest for any application
Trust the Royer SF-12 to provide flawless reproduction of any stereo source. It's especially well suited to capture large sections and ensembles with outstanding clarity and imaging. The SF-12 is ideal for percussion instruments, acoustic guitars, and other plucked strings
Royer SF-12 Recommended Applications
- Stereo & distance miking
- Choir, orchestra, string sections
- Drum overheads, room miking
- Percussion instruments
- Brass instruments, horn sections
- Woodwind instruments
- Stereo acoustic piano, harp
- Acoustic guitar, mandolin, stringed instruments
Royer SF-12 stereo ribbon mic Features
- True stereophonic (Blumlein and M-S) recording from one microphone
- No internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion up to maximum SPL rating.
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon elements unaffected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency peaks, "ringing" and phase shifts
- Equal sensitivity from front and back of elements
- Very low magnetic leakage
- High efficiency toroid matching transformers and gold plated output connector
Royer SF-12 Ribbon Microphone Tech Specs
- Microphone Type Ribbon
- Mono/Stereo Crossed Figure-8
- Polar Pattern Dual Figure 8, Bluemlein, M-S
- Ribbon Type 1.8-micron Aluminum
- Frequency Response 30Hz-15kHz
- Max SPL 130dB
- Output Impedance 300 ohms
- Connector 5-Pin XLR
- Weight 0.81 lbs.
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Duty rates in Indonesia vary with the average duty rate at 10.89%. Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into Indonesia whether by a private individual or a commercial entity. Import duty payable is calculated on the cost of the imported goods combined with freight charges. More information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Indonesian Customs website. (beacukai.co.id)
Customs Contact Information
- Jl. Ahmad Yani By Pass
- Jakarta - 13230
- Telephone : 134
- Fax : 021-3500842
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Free shipping throughout Indonesia - Jakarta , Surabaya , Bandung , Medan , Bekasi and Semerang.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy Indonesia for detailed information about the warranty we offer to all Indonesian customers.