Taking the famed RCA OP-6 to an entirely new level, the Retro OP-6 portable amplifier gives you the near-endless headroom and thick, euphoric aural glow of the original, along with 48V phantom power, phase switching, a 25dB attenuator pad, and a host of other modern features. Packed with over 80dB of gain, the OP-6 is ideal for low-output ribbon microphones and/or recording quiet sources. In fact, at AudioShop we've discovered that once you hear a ribbon mic through the OP-6, you'll never want to use anything else. A versatile general-purpose studio preamp (and a killer portable vocal pre), the Retro OP-6 portable amplifier is an essential addition to any studio's preamp collection.
Retro OP-6 Portable Amplifier at a Glance
- The RCA OP-6 - the "Holy Grail" tube pre for ribbon mics
- Modern feature set takes legendary tone to a whole new level
- Retro Instruments - a brief history
The RCA OP-6 - the "Holy Grail" tube pre for ribbon mics
Used on some of the greatest recordings of the past, the RCA OP-6 has been a behind-the-scenes "Holy Grail" tube pre for ribbon microphones since the 1950s. Why is that? One listen and you'll get it. The euphorically thick, rich tone that the OP-6 lends to ribbon mics (or any microphone, for that matter) is nothing short of astonishing. With near-endless headroom and gain, the OP-6 can take a wimpy low-output signal and imbue it with an extremely warm, detailed character that must be heard to be believed. Unfortunately, original RCA OP-6s are difficult to find, especially in workable condition. Luckily, Retro Instruments has brought this phenomenal mic pre back to life - and then some!
Modern feature set takes legendary tone to a whole new level
Although the original RCA OP-6's tone is nothing short of legendary, its feature set is rather primitive by today's standards. That's why Retro Instruments beefed up this renowned microphone preamp when they created the Retro OP-6. In addition to improved noise performance, you get XLR connectors, a 1/4" high impedance instrument input, 48V phantom power, phase switching, a 25dB attenuator pad, output level control, and a VU meter ranging switch that doubles as a quick "tube checker." On top of that, you also get three choices of input impedance to match any microphone from vintage low-impedance ribbons to modern condensers and dynamics. Classic legendary tone combined with modern features - a match made in tonal heaven!
Retro Instruments - a brief history
Founded by Phil Moore in 2006, Retro Instruments set out to reintroduce classic-quality tube audio products to the professional recording industry. Starting with their re-creation of the legendary Gates Sta-Level, Retro has reimagined and released several classic pieces of gear that have since become sonic secret weapons in award-winning studios around the world.
Retro OP-6 Portable Amplifier Features
- Stepped gain control makes precise adjustments easy
- Switchable mic impedance (37/150/600) to match any microphone
- Over 80dB of gain provides near-endless headroom
- Phase switching to correct phase-cancellation
- 48V phantom power for your condensor mics
- Instrument input for DI-ing guitars and basses
- 25db pad for taming loud sources
- High-quality VU meter doubles as a "tube checker"
- Output attenuator control provides proper gain-staging
- Improved noise performance gives you classic tone without the hiss
- Faceplate holds true to original the OP-6's design
- Durable hammer tone case finish
Take your ribbon mics from drab to fab with the Retro OP-6 portable amplifier!
Free Shipping Within Asia
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Asian Countries|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Buy gear online in Asia , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all FEDEX serviced locations. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Asia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free shipping to all Asian countries including Macau , Brunei , Burma , Vietnam , Thailand , Philippines , India , Kuwait , Pakistan , Saudi Arabia , Bahrain , Taiwan , Oman , Japan , South Korea , Malaysia and Turkey.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).