The Radial McBoost is a high performance microphone signal booster designed to elevate the output of a typical dynamic microphone for greater transient response and boost the signal of a low-output ribbon mic to bring it up to a usable level for mixing consoles or preamps that may not provide sufficient gain.
The 100% discrete class-A circuit design begins with a dual-transistor J-FET circuit to produce up to 25dB of gain without introducing noise, color or artifact. Each individual transistor is carefully measured and batch-sorted to comply with the design specification to certify performance. As with all Radial products, the circuit board is then loaded into a 14-gauge, I-beam, reinforced steel enclosure to prevent outside stress from torqueing which otherwise could lead to premature part failure. A book-end cover creates protective zones at each end to safeguard the switches, potentiometer and connectors from the rigors of the road.
Merely connect the McBoost in-line using standard 3-pin XLRs and activate 48V phantom to provide power. Select between three impedance settings to optimize the response and then reduce low-frequency clutter with the 3-position high-pass filter. The McBoost will elevate the output to produce added clarity, excitement and extra drive for long cables whether you are in a recording studio, on a live concert stage or in a broadcast center.
Radial McBoost Microphone Booster Features
- 25dB signal booster for dynamic & ribbon mics
- Extends dynamic range and microphone reach
- ses standard 48V phantom for power
- 3-position load switch and high-pass filter
Radial McBoost Microphone Booster Specs
- Audio circuit type: Class-A Differential FET/Bipolar Hybrid
- Frequency response: 7Hz to 30kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.005% @-30dB
- Dynamic range: 105dB
- Maximum input: -6dBu
- Maximum gain: +25dB
- Equivalent input noise: -120dBu
- Input impedance: 600 Ohm, 2.7k Ohm, 30k Ohm
- Clip level input: -17dBu / -14Bu / -9dBu
- Clip level output: +10dBu
- Noise floor: -95dBu / -98dBu / -113dBu
- Output impedance: 2.2k Ohm
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.01%
- Phase Deviation: 0* @ 20Hz, <10* @ 20kHz
- Gain control: Variable from +4dB to +25dB
- High-pass filter: 100Hz and 55Hz @-3dB
- Filter slope: 6dB / Octave
- XLR configuration: Pin 2 + / Pin 3 / Pin 1 Ground
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Dimensions: (L x W x H) 4.2 x 2.76 x 1.68" (106.7 x 70.1 x 42.7mm)
- Weight: .5 lbs. (0.23kg)
- Shipping size: (L x W x H) 6.25" x 4.25" x 3" (158.7 x 108 x 76.2mm)
- Power: Passive, no power required
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Duty rates in Indonesia vary with the average duty rate at 10.89%. Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into Indonesia whether by a private individual or a commercial entity. Import duty payable is calculated on the cost of the imported goods combined with freight charges. More information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Indonesian Customs website. (beacukai.co.id)
Customs Contact Information
- Jl. Ahmad Yani By Pass
- Jakarta - 13230
- Telephone : 134
- Fax : 021-3500842
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Free shipping throughout Indonesia - Jakarta , Surabaya , Bandung , Medan , Bekasi and Semerang.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy Indonesia for detailed information about the warranty we offer to all Indonesian customers.