The PRS McCarty model pays homage to a legacy of innovation. As the President of Gibson during a true golden era of guitar building (1950-1966), Ted McCarty was a pioneer of the electric guitar and musical instrument industry. In the late 1980’s, Paul Reed Smith called on Ted to consult with him on guitar design and production techniques. He not only served as Paul’s mentor but became a great friend of Paul and everyone he met at PRS.
In 1994, PRS released the first McCarty, an instrument that incorporated the full spectrum of techniques and knowledge Paul had gained from Ted as well as his own experiences as a guitar builder. It is in honor of Ted McCarty – his knowledge, his friendship, and his memory – that PRS reintroduced the McCarty model.
The PRS McCarty model features a slightly thicker back for enhanced tone and sustain and the 58/15 treble and bass pickups, which were personally designed by Paul Reed Smith. 58/15’s are a vintage style pickup with exceptional clarity and focused midrange. Additional appointments include a push/pull tone control with a 3-way toggle pickup switch for a complete palette of tones, a bound rosewood fretboard, and PRS stoptail bridge with brass studs for added resonance. Includes hardshell case.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Carved figured maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Pattern regular
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Bound Rosewood
- Radius: 10 in.
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Birds
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: 58/15
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: 58/15
- Brand: PRS
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/pull tone control
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil split
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: PRS stoptail with brass studs
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: PRS Phase III locking
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics, 10 top
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Get the PRS you deserve. Order today.
Free Shipping Within Asia
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Asian Countries|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Buy gear online in Asia , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all FEDEX serviced locations. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Asia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free shipping to all Asian countries including Macau , Brunei , Burma , Vietnam , Thailand , Philippines , India , Kuwait , Pakistan , Saudi Arabia , Bahrain , Taiwan , Oman , Japan , South Korea , Malaysia and Turkey.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).