The NXT Series Double Bass opens up a new horizon for the serious bassist looking to play a great instrument on a limited budget. Available in four- and five-string configurations, these instruments are produced in the Czech Republic by the same craftsmen who build NS Design's renowned CR Series.
Pizzicato and arco techniques have almost unlimited expressive potential, thanks to the Polar Pickup System. A convenient switch allows selection of the traditional arco mode for percussive attack and dynamic bowed response, or pizzicato mode for a smooth, sustained tone. Passive electronics deliver unlimited overhead for the ultimate sound without cumbersome batteries.
The NXT bass now incorporates NS Design's innovative JackPot potentiometer in its volume and tone controls. Conventional passive volume and tone controls work by siphoning a portion of the output signal to ground, and continue to hold back a portion of the pickup's signal even when turned up all the way. The JackPot incorporates a rotary switch that disengages the ground when turned fully clockwise, sending 100% of the instrument's signal to the amplifier. The result is a fuller, richer tone, with more power, detail, and overall intensity.
The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated ebony fingerboard, deliver a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. Asymmetrical fingerboard relief facilitates an even 'growl' from the higher strings and a clear, powerful lower register. The adjustable bridge and truss rod allow for low, fast action, or for higher string settings that encourage the traditional acoustic player to 'dig in' with gusto.
NS Electric Strings and most traditional acoustic strings fit all NS Double Basses, allowing the player to select from a wide range, each with a unique sound a feel. In combination with the easy adjustment of basic set-up parameters, the NXT Series Bass is adaptable to many different styles of music.
A wide array of interchangeable support systems make the NXT Double Bass adaptable to virtually any situation. Standard equipment includes a self-supporting tripod stand with full adjustments for height and angle. A more traditional end pin stand is available, as well as shoulder strap options that allow for full mobility. The End Pin Stand conversion kit attaches to the tripod stand to hold the instrument upright for on-stand performance or when not in use.
The NXT bass brings world-class design and craftsmanship to a surprisingly affordable price range. With a visual appearance as striking as its sound, the roadworthy NXT is an exciting and reliable partner for the most demanding performance career.
NS Design NS NXT4 Omni Bass Features
- 4-string model
- BODY/NECK: Solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (Black model) or flame maple face (Sunburst model) on body
- FINGERBOARD: Hand-graduated ebony. Intonation referenced with cascading dot markers
- TRUSS ROD: Single Action, accessible at nut
- TUNING HARDWARE: 12:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners, black finish
- POLAR PICKUP: The Polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to lateral string vibration, for bowing and for the percussive plucked response of a traditional acoustic instrument, or to vertical string vibration, for remarkable even and sustained plucked sound more like a guitar. A switch allows the player to choose the desired response
- ELECTRONICS & CONTROLS: Passive circuit with high impedance output, no batteries required. Volume control and Tone control (treble roll off)
- INTERCHANGEABLE SUPPORT SYSTEMS:
- Tripod Stand (standard): Black painted steel, fully adjustable, self-standing tripod design Folds for easy storage and fits into gig bag
- End Pin Stand (optional): fully adjustable height and balance for stability and ease of play
- Shoulder Strap Systems (optional): The Boomerang strap allows the instrument to be placed into virtually any position for plucking and bowing. The Frame strap holds the instrument out from the body, providing a more traditional bowing position. Both styles use a single guitar-style shoulder strap for full mobiity.
- CASES Gig Bag standard: Nylon 137 cm (54") long; 8.2 kg (15lb.) loaded weight with handle and shoulder strap
NS Design NS NXT4 Omni Bass Specifications
- LENGTH: 132cm (52")
- WIDTH: 15cm (6")
- THICKNESS: 10cm (4")
- WEIGHT: 4.8kg (10.5lb.)
- SCALE LENGTH: 106cm (41.73")
- STRINGS: 4 or 5 (Low B or high C)
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Duty rates in Indonesia vary with the average duty rate at 10.89%. Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into Indonesia whether by a private individual or a commercial entity. Import duty payable is calculated on the cost of the imported goods combined with freight charges. More information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Indonesian Customs website. (beacukai.co.id)
Customs Contact Information
- Jl. Ahmad Yani By Pass
- Jakarta - 13230
- Telephone : 134
- Fax : 021-3500842
Secure PayPal Payment
After processing your order you will be redirected to your PayPal account. You will then grant us permission to debit the amount to be paid for the order ( ). AudioBuy Indonesia reserve the right to subsequently propose alternative payment methods in the case of very large sums or if the PayPal credit limit has been exceeded for your purchase.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Free shipping throughout Indonesia - Jakarta , Surabaya , Bandung , Medan , Bekasi and Semerang.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy Indonesia for detailed information about the warranty we offer to all Indonesian customers.