The DPC-5 is a compact pedalboard control system with five effects loops, amp or external device control, and MIDI. The DPC-5 builds on Disaster Area’s expertise with easy-to-use MIDI controllers and adds high-quality audio circuits to create a flexible system for managing your pedals and MIDI devices. The DPC-5 can engage presets on up to FOUR external MIDI devices in MIDI and preset modes. It can also send tap tempo, expression, and bypass commands to most types of MIDI effects hardware.
The DPC-5 is compatible with the Disaster Area SMARTLoop, DPC-4EZ, or the DPC-8EZ. The SMARTLoop adds two stereo loops or four mono loops to the DPC-5, and may be placed before or after the DPC. Placing the SMARTLoop in the DPC-5 insert sends a fully buffered signal to all of the looped devices in the SMARTLoop. If you run several impedance or buffer-sensitive pedals, a SMARTLoop will allow placing them pre-buffer while retaining full control of your entire signal chain. The DPC-8EZ and DPC-4EZ act as expanders to add eight or four loops to the DPC-5 and are controlled completely by the DPC-5.
Please note that in order to pack the maximum connectivity into the DPC-5, the jack spacing is very tight. We have tested several different brands and types of patch cables and have found the George L’s and Lava kits to be the best solution for cabling up a DPC-5. 20 plugs are required to cable 5 effects into a DPC-5. Disaster Area Designs is an authorized dealer for both types of cable kit, and they are available through our online store. We have several customers using the Switchcraft 380 plugs for custom cable harnesses as well.
Disaster Area Designs DPC-5 Bypass Switcher + MIDI Features
- Compact size – 10″ x 2.6″ x 2″ excluding switch caps and jacks.
- No special power supply required – uses less than 250mA, 9V from a Pedal Power 2 or similar. (Outputs 5 / 6 recommended, or use a current doubling cable on two standard outputs.)
- 6 footswitches for preset selection, manual effects loop control, and MIDI switching
- 60 presets accessible by foot, arranged in four folders with three banks of five presets each.
- 128 presets accessible using an external MIDI controller
- Dedicated MIDI mode (violet on RGB LED) for advanced MIDI control, including Timeline, Mobius, Timefactor, AxeFx and others.
- 5 effects loops, which may be used as send / return or send-only for multiple amp switching
- Stereo / TRS isolated jack for amplifier control / channel / reverb / effects switching, configurable per preset.
- Tuner out with tuner mute.
- Expression pedal or external footswitch input for advanced MIDI control.
- Compatible with the Disaster Area R2R dual footswitch for bank down and tap tempo. (Custom R2R programming available, contact us!)
- Optional expression roller, separate from expression jack input
- Audiophile-grade buffer on main input.
- Separate buffer bypass input jack.
- Unbuffered input jack may be used as a buffered insert for passive volume pedals or other always-on effects. Compatible with the TRS Insert Cable Kit.
- High-frequency, low noise relay switching system with silver and gold alloy contacts.
- USB connector for future firmware upgrades (PC and Mac firmware update tools available.)
Free Shipping Within Asia
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Free Shipping||Asian Countries|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Buy gear online in Asia , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all FEDEX serviced locations. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioBuy Asia are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioBuy to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Free shipping to all Asian countries including Macau , Brunei , Burma , Vietnam , Thailand , Philippines , India , Kuwait , Pakistan , Saudi Arabia , Bahrain , Taiwan , Oman , Japan , South Korea , Malaysia and Turkey.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).