The Chameleon Labs 7603 channel strip gives you Class A clean mic gain and British-sounding tone shaping at a project studio price. This rackmountable unit makes a great front end for your vocals, kick drum, or bass guitar, and also adds real analog thump and shimmer to your previously recorded takes - great for working out of the box. The 7603 is an update to Chameleon Labs' first-ever product, the 7602, and it sounds better than ever thanks to discrete EQ op-amps, proprietary wound input and output transformers, and a custom internal power supply (no wall wart) to keep this unit running at its peak.
Chameleon Labs 7603 Microphone/Line Preamplifier
- An update to the Chameleon Labs 7602
- Inductor-based EQs provide musical tone shaping
- MuMetal casing protects signals from interference
A update to the Chameleon Labs 7602
Pro and project studios have sung the Chameleon Labs 7602's praise since its release. This was one of the first affordable channel strips to bring the coveted 1073 pre/EQ sound to the masses. Chameleon Labs have made the 7602 even better in the 7603 channel strip. For starters, they gave the 7603 its own proprietary internal power supply for solid performance without the wall wart. They've also upgraded the front end with a custom-wound nickel input transformer for better grounding, richer mic gain, and a fuller-sounding DI. Finally, gain staging is even easier in the 7603 thanks to a backlit VU meter with custom ballistics for a precision response.
Inductor-based EQs provide musical tone shaping
Sound professionals all over the world rely on inductor EQs from legends like Robert Neve for their musical-sounding boosting. The 7603's 3-band inductor EQ section is intuitive to use and easy on the ears, letting you sweeten vocals and goose guitars instantly in the midst of any busy session with a distinctly British flavor. These three EQ modules each feature discrete op-amps true to their vintage designs. Additionally, an onboard highpass filter lets you tune out rumble and HVAC noise that can eat up your bandwidth. Tone purists here at AudioBuy applaud Chameleon Labs for giving the 7603 an EQ in/out toggle for sonic versatility.
MuMetal casing protects signals from interference
The 7603 has excellent shielding to keep interference from degrading your signal. The MuMetal chassis does a great job of keeping Wi-Fi, RFI, and other wireless signals from tarnishing a performance.
Chameleon Labs 7603 Microphone/Line Preamplifier Features
- A killer channel strip for under a grand
- Classic 1970s analog British sound
- A musical front end for your mics, instruments, and DI signals
- Class A mic preamp with +70dB of gain and low distortion
- 3-band inductor EQ with discrete op-amps for powerful analog tone shaping
- Highpass filter keeps unwanted rumble from muddying your mix
- Proprietary wound input/output transformers with nickel laminations and bobbin assemblies
- Proprietary power supply delivers solid performance without the wall wart
- MuMetal chassis keeps out Wi-Fi, RFI, and other wireless signals
- Color-coded milled aluminum knobs keep you organized
- Mic/line, +48-volt phantom, polarity, and EQ in/out toggles
- Switchable 300/1200-ohm mic impedance provides the best sound for your dynamics and condensers
- VU meter with custom ballistics delivers precision performance
The classic 1970s analog British sound for under a grand: the Chameleon Labs 7603!
- Preamp Type Solid State
- Number of Channels 1
- Frequency Response 10Hz - 20kHz -0.5dB 10Hz - 50kHz -1dB 10Hz - 20kHz -0.5dB 10Hz - 50kHz -1dB 10Hz - 20kHz -0.5dB, 10Hz - 50kHz -1dB
- Phantom Power Yes
- EQ Yes
- Analog Inputs 2 x XLR (Mic/Line), 1 x 1/4" Hi-Z
- Rack Spaces 1U
- Manufacturer Part Number 7603
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Duty rates in Indonesia vary with the average duty rate at 10.89%. Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into Indonesia whether by a private individual or a commercial entity. Import duty payable is calculated on the cost of the imported goods combined with freight charges. More information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Indonesian Customs website. (beacukai.co.id)
Customs Contact Information
- Jl. Ahmad Yani By Pass
- Jakarta - 13230
- Telephone : 134
- Fax : 021-3500842
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Free shipping throughout Indonesia - Jakarta , Surabaya , Bandung , Medan , Bekasi and Semerang.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy Indonesia for detailed information about the warranty we offer to all Indonesian customers.