Many EQs today offer a huge assortment of complex features, but the API 550B provides exactly the right number of controls to the professional engineer. Deceptively simple at first glance, the 550B's four EQ bands are overlapped significantly to aid in dual roles as problem solver and sweetening device. Each band offers seven switchable filter frequencies spanning four to five octaves, selected through experience by a "who's who" list of the industry's most proficient engineers. This re-issue design has been taken from the original blueprints and spec control drawings from the API archives.
Making use of "API Proportional-Q", a design introduced by API in the 60's, the 550B intuitively widens the filter bandwidth at minimal settings and narrows it at higher settings—without the need for additional bandwidth controls. This feature minimizes the "phase-shift" sound found in many equalizers. The reciprocal nature of the 550B enables the user to "undo" what has been done previously.
The benefits of the API 550B are most obvious to those who work with EQ on a continuous basis. The 550B's ability to affect or reverse tonal modifications is perhaps the most important feature. If major tonal restructuring is required, the extraordinary headroom made possible with API's 2520 op-amp offers predictable and gentle "analog" performance under duress. With a surprisingly wide range of tonal variations, you can do no better than the API 550B.
API 550B Four-Band EQ Features
- Four bands of famous-sounding equalization
- Each band offers seven API-selected frequency centers
- Reciprocal and repeatable filtering
- 12 dB of boost/cut per band
- EQ bands 1 and 4 offer shelf/peak switching
- "Proportional Q" narrows filter Q at extremes
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
- High headroom: +30 dB clip level
- Re-issue of 1967 API 550 EQ with an extra band
Duty rates in Indonesia vary with the average duty rate at 10.89%. Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into Indonesia whether by a private individual or a commercial entity. Import duty payable is calculated on the cost of the imported goods combined with freight charges. More information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Indonesian Customs website. (beacukai.co.id)
Customs Contact Information
- Jl. Ahmad Yani By Pass
- Jakarta - 13230
- Telephone : 134
- Fax : 021-3500842
Secure PayPal Payment
After processing your order you will be redirected to your PayPal account. You will then grant us permission to debit the amount to be paid for the order ( ). AudioBuy Indonesia reserve the right to subsequently propose alternative payment methods in the case of very large sums or if the PayPal credit limit has been exceeded for your purchase.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Free shipping throughout Indonesia - Jakarta , Surabaya , Bandung , Medan , Bekasi and Semerang.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy Indonesia for detailed information about the warranty we offer to all Indonesian customers.