The AEA Ribbon Pre is a one-of-a-kind preamp was designed specifically for use with ribbon mics, moving coil, and tube mics and has 83db of clean gain and no dangerous phantom power. The Ribbon Pre is one of the only mic pres out there designed exclusively for ribbon mics. The TRP is an ultra fast, two channel, minimal-path JFET preamp designed collaboratively with Fred Forssell. This unit is designed to have one of the lowest noise floors available. Eliminating phantom power allows for advantages in minimal signal path circuitry and the elimination of electronics that induce noise.AEA Ribbon Pre At-a-Glance
- Optimized for ribbon mics
- Built for high gain and low noise
Optimized for ribbon mics
The AEA TRP is the only mic preamp designed specifically for ribbon mics. Unleash your ribbon microphones' full potential with a TRP, and hear music more completely than ever before. Your ribbon mics will sound loud, clean and open, with fuller bass response.
Built for high gain and low noise
AEA's TRP has the quick, quiet gain you need for digital recording of ribbon, moving coil and tube mics. The Ribbon Pre has the speed needed for high resolution 192 kHz recording. With 300 kHz of bandwidth and DC coupled, Low-Energy-Storage (LES) circuit topology this preamp delivers outstanding dynamic response and bandwidth, and recovers instantly from overloads. TRPs have enough gain to let you hear how noisy the universe really is, but within the limits of physics, provide quiet gain. The DC coupled mic inputs let you hear all the dynamics, subwoofer bass and fast transients that your ribbon and tube mics can deliver. This discrete front end and integrated circuit JFET design combines the quiet gain of solid state with an openness reminiscent of tubes.
- Gain is >83 dB at 1 kHz, balanced in to balanced out
- Positive polarity is pin 2 on XLRs, tip on 1/4" stereo jacks
- Balanced outputs clip above +28 dBu, 100k load
- Unbalanced XLR output load reduces max level by ~ 6 dB
- Unbalanced TRS outputs clip at +22 dBu, 100k load
- Frequency response is down 3 dB at 6 Hz and 300 kHz
- THD at 1 KHz is .005% with 22 Hz to 22 kHz bandwidth
- EIN, A weighted noise figure is -130 dBu, 150 ohm input
- Balanced mic input impedance is >30,000 ohm
- Microphone input electronics are DC coupled
- Mic inputs are zener protected from external P48 DC
- Mic inputs shut off while external DC is present
- Green LED snaps on at ~ - 5 dBu
- Yellow LED is variable brightness from ~ 0 to +20 dBu
- Red LED snaps on at ~ +20 dBu
- High Pass filter is 12 dB per octave and -3 dB at 100 Hz
- Power supply provides two 17.25 VAC outputs
- No Phantom Power
- Gain switch is a 12 position Grayhill series 71
- Output level control has detent at 12 noon
- Polarity reverse & High-pass pushbutton switches
- Power supply (P.S.) is external for minimum noise
- P.S. input & output cords are each 6 feet long
- 115 VAC P.S. uses male grounded Edison power plug
- 230 VAC P.S. uses male recessed IEC power plug
- Chassis P.S. input is a female 7 pin circular DIN jack
- Power-on indication is by a front panel LED
- Finish is a tough, textured, black & gray powder coat
- Legends & single line schematic are laser engraved
- Chassis is aluminum with rugged extruded endcaps
- Size: Half-rack wide, rack unit high 8.5" x 8.5" x 1.7"
- Weight: Chassis is 2 pounds, P.S. is 1.5 pounds
- Dual TRP steel rackshelf mounting option is 1 RU high
AEA Ribbon Pre - Hear your ribbon mics like you've never heard them before!
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Duty rates in Indonesia vary with the average duty rate at 10.89%. Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into Indonesia whether by a private individual or a commercial entity. Import duty payable is calculated on the cost of the imported goods combined with freight charges. More information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Indonesian Customs website. (beacukai.co.id)
Customs Contact Information
- Jl. Ahmad Yani By Pass
- Jakarta - 13230
- Telephone : 134
- Fax : 021-3500842
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Free shipping throughout Indonesia - Jakarta , Surabaya , Bandung , Medan , Bekasi and Semerang.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy Indonesia for detailed information about the warranty we offer to all Indonesian customers.