Each channel features a -20dB pad; two selectable tone switches for four possible tones on each channel; 60db gain for use with next-generation ribbon mics; and Cinemag input transformers coupled with custom-wound output transformers, delivering the low noise and top-quality sound you demand from a high-end preamp. Additional features include balanced combo XLR/1/4” inputs, true VU meters, phantom power, polarity switches, and front-panel, line-level input jacks.
Built to audiophile-quality standards with a price tag well below other boutique preamps in its class, the MP-2A has no integrated circuits in the signal path—it relies solely on discrete components, namely tubes, film capacitors, and custom transformers. To maintain the integrity and purity of its sonic signature, bells and whistles are kept to a minimum. This serves two purposes: First, the more switches in the circuit path, the more sound quality can be negatively affected. Second, by keeping only necessary features, costs are kept down and your money goes where it really counts: sound quality.
Unlimited “Sweetspot” and Tonal Variation
With many preamps, you’ll find that they tend to have only one setting where you hear “the magic.” Move past it, and the magic is gone. The problem with a single-setting sweetspot is that you can’t always run the preamp at that setting, since the strength of the input signal will vary from sound source to sound source. Not so with the MP-2A! Thanks to its fixed-gain amplifier with output attenuator, you get consistent behavior (the magic) whether the MP2-A is turned up or down. It also provides polarity switches, which allow you to record a stereo sound source out of phase in order to enhance stereo imaging, or tame overwhelming bass via cancellation. Factor in the tone switches that give you a palette of four unique sonic flavors on each channel, and you can easily see why we say you could make an entire record with just this one incredibly versatile preamp.
A-Designs Audio MP2A Tube Pre Amp Features
- All-tube design
- Selectable tone switches offer four sounds per channel
- 60dB gain allows use of next-generation ribbon mics
- EF86 input tubes/6N1P output tubes
- Cinemag input transformers and custom-wound output transformers
- True VU meters
- Dual level controls
- -20dB pad switch (per channel)
- Polarity switch (per channel)
- Toroidal power transformer
- Balanced XLR I/O and 1/4” direct injects
- Custom-milled faceplate, solid vented metal frame (2U rack size)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 60kHz
- Gain range: 0 – 60dB
- Distortion THD: > .08 @ 1kHz
- Noise (EIN): -128dBu
- Input impedance: 1.4k ohm
- Phantom power: +48V switchable power source
- Mic input phase: 0-180” (switchable)
- Instrument input: 1/4” phono
- Instrument input impedance min: >100k ohm
- Output impedance: 600 ohm, switchable to 10k ohm
- Maximum output level: +22dBu
- Output: Low-Z, transformer-balanced
- Power requirements: 100/120/230 VAC – 42W
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 19” x 3-1/2” x 10”
- Weight: 18 lb.
Duty rates in Indonesia vary with the average duty rate at 10.89%. Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into Indonesia whether by a private individual or a commercial entity. Import duty payable is calculated on the cost of the imported goods combined with freight charges. More information on import declaration procedures and import restrictions can be found at the Indonesian Customs website. (beacukai.co.id)
Customs Contact Information
- Jl. Ahmad Yani By Pass
- Jakarta - 13230
- Telephone : 134
- Fax : 021-3500842
Secure PayPal Payment
After processing your order you will be redirected to your PayPal account. You will then grant us permission to debit the amount to be paid for the order ( ). AudioBuy Indonesia reserve the right to subsequently propose alternative payment methods in the case of very large sums or if the PayPal credit limit has been exceeded for your purchase.
Returns & Warranty Repair
If your item arrives with any issue , please hold the item and be sure to retain all packing materials. We will arrange for the item to be inspected immediately. Do not return the &nbps; to us unless we have provided an RMA number. We will then work with you to replace the item or refund the purchase price of &nbps; if it is not replaceable.
- Buy products with confidence.
- Free shipping throughout Indonesia - Jakarta , Surabaya , Bandung , Medan , Bekasi and Semerang.
- Return to base repair or replacement (1 Year return to base).
- Please contact AudioBuy Indonesia for detailed information about the warranty we offer to all Indonesian customers.